We provide our expertise in aerospace to customers with industrial applications to assist the development of customised solutions. Our many years of experience in the key markets for high-performance lightweight construction enables us to provide innovative solutions to ever more complex challenges for such products in industry.
Our approach is to skilfully combine selections of the various materials, designs and production processes available. This allows real structures to be created from technology and ideas. Application of the latest research results ensures that our work is always state-of-the-art.
Designing, engineering and production are closely connected at Invent. We can therefore offer an extensive range of services: comprehensive consulting, conceptual studies, component qualification and production of close-to-practice prototypes which can then be produced in small and medium-sized series. We have a long list of references: be it high geometrical stability across varying temperatures, highly dynamic applications, extreme robustness or integration of special functionality or sensors during the production process.
Other activities and applications include:
- Maritime, medical and military applications
- Contributions to development for the automotive and rail transportation industries
- Industrial facility components (e.g. for machine tools)
- Precision structures (e.g. optical application and measurement technologies)
- Series production of DuraAct piezo-ceramic actuators
- Industrial development of new material systems and production processes
- Development and production of mould tools and fixtures
- Development and production of bio-composites
- Special morphing applications
- Development of intelligent mould tools and their application in digitally supported production
One example of industrially applicable, multifunctional material is piezo-composites. These are embedded piezo-ceramic materials which result in a robust, durable and multi-functional component. They are manufactured in series while implementing individual customer specifications. The company PI Ceramic markets these products under the brand name DuraAct.
Sensory (direct) piezo effect:
- Highly sensitive, energy-autarkic sensors
- Energy harvesting
- Structure monitoring
Actuator (indirect) piezo effect:
- Vibration control and noise reduction
- Highly dynamic actuators and adaptronic systems
- Contour control
- Reference: Optical Bench
The CFRP pioneer bridge was developed and manufactured for heavy duty deployment. It is an example of how light weight and robustness can be effectively combined. The transfer of expertise from aviation enables an extremely compact design both in its collapsed and assembled states. A small team can quickly perform the assembly. The bridge has been successfully tested in realistic conditions and proved that it more than fulfilled the requirements. In summary: light, robust, fast and simple.
- Length: 21 metres
- load: 14 tons
- Total weight: 3.5 tons
- Modular construction
- Fewer than 100 parts
- Comprehensively tested
We developed and manufactured an optical bench for the LINC-NIRVANA instrument in the Large Binocular Telescope (LBT). The LBT is located on Mount Graham in Arizona, USA, and is the world’s largest single telescope with two main mirrors (Ø 8.4 m). It achieves the optical resolution of a Ø 22.8 m mirror. In order to ensure that it could be easily assembled (by crane), and mainly for precision operation of the mounted interferometry camera in the specified temperature range, the fibre composite platform was manufactured using sandwich construction and winding technology.
- Platform for an interferometry camera
- Merging the ray beams of both telescope mirrors
- Compensation for focus loss due to atmospheric disruption by means of adaptive optics
- Optical bench as a large-scale precision-assembly platform
- Permitted deformation in the specified temperature range: 0.01 mm
- Platform dimensions: 3.5 x 4.5 m²
+49 531 24466-284